AMSA India knows that you care about how your personal data is being used and shared. This policy outlines the organisational (Asian Medical Students’ Association India -AMSA India) rights and obligations and your (the User’s) rights and obligations concerning the privacy of your data and personal information on AMSA India. Please read through the terms of this policy carefully before you use AMSA India’s website or any of its affiliated products and/or services.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
In order to provide a better service to you, we may, in the course of and in relation to provision of our services or products, collect and process the following about you. You choose to provide such information to us;
User Information:– we collect your personal information such as name (which includes first and last name), Email ID, Phone number, Age, Date of Birth, Gender, Postal Address, Education Details such as year of study, proof of enrollment, Education institutional details such as Name of College/ University, Location of College/University etc. We also collect passwords and store passwords which are provided by us for logging into our APP. In some circumstances we may also collect personal identification such as your AADHAR card number, Passport Number for security or verification purposes. You choose to provide such information to AMSA India either through website, app or through any other means. We collect such information through Email Correspondence, Registration forms, Application Forms/ Enrollment Forms, Central Database, Direct contact at events and elsewhere, Social Media, Surveys and Research Forms, Our Website, Our App.
Log Data: When you use AMSA India’s website or app, our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address (which provides your approximate location), the address of and activity on websites.
Device information. In addition to log data, we collect information about the device, including the type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks.
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data that a website can send to a web browser on a visitor’s computer. The cookie is stored on a visitor’s computer. A cookie may enable the site holder to track how a visitor navigates through its site and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the site visited just before and just after the AMSA India website.
- Types of Cookies
- Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period of time when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
- A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
- Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a particular website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
- To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact ability to use that service.
- Refusing Cookies on AMSA India’s Website
USE OF INFORMATION
The information which is provided by you to us is used in almost every activity of AMSA India
- Membership Registration: We use the personal information such as name (which includes first and last name), Email ID, Phone number, Age, Date of Birth, Gender, Postal Address, Education Details such as year of study, proof of enrollment, Education institutional details such as Name of College/ University, Location of College/University etc. in order to store and maintain the membership databases. All such information is used in each and every services that AMSA India provides to its user as well as providing specific membership IDs to its members.
- Logging into App: We use the personal information and the allocated membership IDs to make login ids for the app to its members
- Emails: We make use of the user information to send emails regarding the opportunities, events and updates related to organisation and third party promotionals emails from sponsors and partners associated with AMSA India directly or indirectly.
- Exchanges: We make use of the user information in our exchange programmes for verifying and identifying the AMSA member. The information is used specifically for the exchanges associated with AMSA India.
- Opportunities outside AMSA India: We use the information for the opportunities outside the scope of AMSA India.
- Surveys: We may use the information for different surveys within the scope and network of AMSA India
- Distribution of Merchandise/Newsletter or other stuffs: We use the personal information to distribute and deliver the various Merchandise such AMSA India t-shirts, Hoodies and Newsletter (printed edition) to the postal address of members.
- Research Activity: We may use personal information to carry out research with the scope and network of AMSA India
- Social groups: We use personal information such as phone numbers to make social media groups such as telegram, whatsapp etc comprising all the members of AMSA India for the purpose of broadcasting opportunities, events and programs within AMSA India. AMSA India reserves the right to edit or make groups in whichever platform it suits the most.
- Evaluation: We may use general information such IP, Device information and other relevant data collected when you visit our website or app for evaluating and administering the Site and AMSA India’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
TRANSFERRING OF INFORMATION
By using our products or services, you authorise us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in India, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your personal information in such countries may not be equivalent to those of your home country. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we transfer all or a portion of our assets (including through bankruptcy).
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We don’t share any of your personal information with third parties for direct marketing. However, subject to the other provisions of AMSA India, the information can be transferred as and when required within the scope and ambit of laws applicable.
We may share information provided by our visitors to this and other AMSA India sites with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN INFORMATION
We only keep your information for as long as you are using AMSA India services as described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer intend to use your information and there is no requirement for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalise it so that we can’t identify you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
At AMSA India, our goal is to protect your personal information submitted to us. We store most of the data we collect in our google suites connected domain and our web hosting service provided by a third-party company.We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this and other AMSA India websites and apps. We also employ reasonable technologies to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure. In all cases, we strive and will continue to strive to ensure that the organizations we work with have adequate data-protection and confidentiality clauses on data collection. AMSA India however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
We may disclose information about you
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials as required to comply with a legitimate legal request
- when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
You have the following options in relation to the information that we have stored about you. To exercise these options you need to contact email@example.com
- Request access to the information we collect and hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days
- Have your information corrected or deleted
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you opportunities, programs and events within AMSA India.
- If you want your details to be deleted from databases of AMSA India then AMSA India will not be responsible for any verification error and will lead to termination of membership without any refund.
- Request more details about the information we collect and how and why we use and share it.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements or policies in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
This website is not directed to children under the age of Eighteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of Eighteen on this site or other AMSA India sites and apps. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of eighteen, we will delete the information from our records.
CHANGES TO POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. As long as you are a member of AMSA India, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
The membership fees once landed on the AMSA India accounts will not be refunded in any case even if you choose to voluntarily revoke your membership